FACULTY : Computing
Department of Information Technology
- Reading for Master of Philosophy, University of Ruhuna, 2014 to date
- BSc Eng. (Hons) in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 2009
- 2015 to date - Lecturer, Department of Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (Matara Center), Sri Lanka.
- 2013 - 2015 - Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna.
- 2010 - 2013 - Software Engineer, Excel Technology Lanka (Pvt) Ltd.
- 2007 - 2008 - Trainee Software Developer, Creative Technology Solutions.
- Image Processing
- Pattern Recognition
- Machine learning
- Associate member, IESL (Membership No. 17115)
- Dean’s List, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship for undergraduate studies at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Sponsor: University Grants Commission (UGC) of Sri Lanka.
- Chamari Silva and Cyril Kariyawasam. "Segmenting Sinhala Handwritten Characters." International Journal of Conceptions on Computing and Information Technology, vol. 2, pp. 22-26, 2014.
- Chamari M. Silva, N. D. Jayasundere and C. Kariyawasam. "State of Handwriting Recognition of modern Sinhala Script." International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology, vol. 1, pp. 97-102, 2015.
- Silva, Chamari M., N. D. Jayasundere, and C. Kariyawasam. "Contour tracing for isolated Sinhala handwritten character recognition.." in International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer2015). IEEE, 2015, pp. 25-31.