FACULTY : Business
Department of Business Management
- M.Phil in Linguistics (University of Kelaniya) – (2011) : Merit Pass
- M.A. in Linguistics (University of Kelaniya) - (2004/2005)
- BA (University of Kelaniya) – (2003) (Second Lower Division)
- A researcher mainly in the fields of Teaching English as a Second Language and Translation Methods.
- has above 13 years of experience in TESL and TEFL.
- She has taught in leading Sri Lankan state universities and private universities.
- She served as a specialised overseas lecturer in English at Naresuan University.
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Translation Methods
- Sri Lankan Poetry (English and Sinhala)
- Award of Invaluable Contribution to Serve Education 2015 (South Asian Management Association)
- Chathurika Senevirathna. "Vocabulary Facilitation on Technical Modules for ESL Learners: A Case Study of a Sri Lankan Higher Educational Institute." World Journal of English Language (ISSN 1925-0703(Print) ISSN 1925-0711(Online), vol. 6 (4), pp. 1-7, 2016.
- Chathurika Senevirathna. "Common English Errors Found in the Writing of Thai Undergraduates: An Analysis from the Perspective of an EFL (English as a Foreign Language) Practitioner." in Multidisciplinary Research for the Achievement of Excellence in Higher Education & Industry” (MRAEHEI), 2015, pp. (ISBN-978-93-85304-48-4).
- Chathurika Senevirathna,. Common Characteristics of Sri Lankan English Love Poetry, "17th International Postgraduate Research Conference," University of Kelaniya. , 2016.
- Chathurika Senevirathna. Impact of L1 Interference on the Writing of Thai Undergraduates: A Case Study of Naresuan University’s Undergraduates from the Perspective of an EFL Practitioner, "17th National RESC Conference & 2nd National Conference on Language Assessment," National Institute of Education, Maharagama, Sri Lanka, 2015 .