FACULTY : Computing
Department of Information Technology
PhD in Artificial Intelligence from Monash University, Australia in 2013.
B.Sc. (Hons) Special Degree in Computer Science from University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka in April 2003 with a First Class.
- 04/2014 to date – Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade), Department of Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri lanka.
- 10/2013 to 12/2013 - Visiting Lecturer, University of Colombo School of Computing, Sri Lanka
- 04/2011 to 12/2011 - Probationary Lecturer (on contract), University of Colombo School of Computing, Sri Lanka
- 11/2004 to 03/2011 - Probationary Lecturer, Department of Computing and information Systems, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka
- 03/2007 to 11/2009 Sessional Tutor, Clayton School of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia
- 06/2003 to 11/2004 Temporary Lecturer, Department of Statistics and Computer Science, University of Peradeniya
- Machine Learning
- Data Analytics
- Computer Society of Sri Lanka.
The Monash Graduate Scholarship (MGS) and Monash Fee Remission Scholarship (MFRS) scholarships to follow postgraduate studies at Monash University.
The Presidential Scholarship to follow postgraduate studies in Information Technology at a Foreign University in 2005.
The University Prize for Academic Excellence from University of Peradeniya in 2003.
The Asoka Amunugama Memorial Prize for Computer Science for highest marks in Computer Science at the General Science Qualifying Examination from University of Peradeniya in 2000.
- Bamunusinghe J, Alahakoon D. "Artificial Visual Percepts for Image Understanding ." in International Conference on Intelligent Systems (ICIS), 2010, pp. 458-465.
- Bamunusinghe J, Alahakoon D. "Investigating the Effect of Illumination and Viewpoint on Image Recognisability." in 4th International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS) , 2008, pp. 502-506.
- Bamunusinghe J, Alahakoon D. "Concept Learning from Visual Experiences using Unsupervised Neural Networks." in 3rd International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS), 2007, pp. 46-51.