FACULTY : Business
Department of Business Management
- MBA, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, 1986
- Diploma in International Marketing, Colorado State University, USA, 1982
- BSc, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, 1978
- Reading for Ph.D. Management and Science University of Malaysia from 2014.
- Advanced Course in International Marketing, Centre for the Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries (CBI) Netherlands, (an Agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) 1992.
- Diploma in Computer System Design, Centre for International Co-operation for Computerization (CICC), Japan, 1987.
Kingsley Bernard is a researcher in marketing, microfinance and micro-entrepreneurship. He counts almost 35 years of experience in the Corporate Sector in Sri Lanka. He also has more than 25 years of experience as a visiting faculty member of several universities in Sri Lanka teaching masters and undergraduate courses specializing in marketing management, strategic management, international marketing and marketing research. He teaches marketing management, consumer behavior, strategic management, brand management, and international marketing at SLIIT. He has held top management positions since 1990, both in the Public and Private organizations in the country. Some of the positions held by him are as follows:
Group Director – Daya Group
Director/CEO – Bimputh Finance Plc.
Director-Marketing; Sri Lanka Export Development Board
Group Director-Maharaja Organization (Ltd).
CEO/General Manager – Dankotuwa Porcelain Ltd.
Deputy Director-Marketing; Agricultural Development Authority.
Management Consultant-Sri Lanka Export Credit Insurance Corporation.
Senior Manager-Unilever (Sri Lanka).
Kingsley Bernard is a veteran Marketer and a well-known Management Consultant.
He was the Past Chairman of the Joint Business Forum (JBiz) – 2004/2005 and was the President of the National Chamber of Exporters (NCE) for two consecutive years until 2006.He was also the Past President of the Ceramic Manufactures and Exporters Association, and was the first Secretary of the Association for Corporate Social Responsibility.
He holds an MBA from the University of Colombo, Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing from Colorado State University, USA; Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Jaffna and a Diploma in Computer Systems Design from CICC –Japan among other qualifications. He was a visiting lecturer to the University of Colombo, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, University of Kelaniya and to the Open University of Sri Lanka, from 1990 to 2006.
He was the Vice District Governor(2007-2008) and District Governor(2009-2010) in Lions International District 306B2 leading 90 Lions Clubs in Sri Lanka operating in Colombo, Gampaha,Kegalle, Kurunagala, and Anuradhapura Districts, which are conducting social service projects on a voluntary basis to help needy segments in our society. He was a recipient of many an awards for his achievements in social service, academic field, and business sector. A few of them were; Lions International President’s Award for Social service; Gold Medal for Marketing management, MBA and Most Outstanding Exporter of the year award from the National Chamber of Exporters in three consecutive years.
Currently, He is a Senior Lecturer and the Head of the Department of Information Management of Faculty of Business, SLIIT.
- Gold Medallist for Marketing Management Course, MBA, University of Colombo, 1986.
- USAID scholarship to follow a post graduate course in Colorado State University,USA..
- AOTS scholarship to follow a Computer System Design Course with CICC, Japan.
- Exporter of the Year Award of the National Chamber of Commerce for two consecutive years, heading Dankotuwa Porcelain Plc as its’ CEO.