FACULTY : Computing
Department of Information Technology
- BSc Eng. (Hons) in Computer Systems & Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 1996
- Ph.D. in Robotics and Intelligent Systems, Saga University, Japan, 2003
Koliya Pulasinghe is a Professor in Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Malabe, Sri Lanka.
He joined SLIIT in 2003 as a Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade), and held numerous positions including Head, Department of Information Technology, Postgraduate Course Coordinator, Dean/Academic Affairs, Dean/Postgraduate Studies & Research. He was the first Chairman of the Curriculum and Academic Quality Committee and chaired the Internal Quality Assurance Unit. He served SLIIT as a member of the Board of Directors from 2007 to 2017.
He edited the IT Subject benchmark document to be used in Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council (QAAC) of the University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka, served as a member of the National Committee on Electronics and IT, National Science Foundation (NSF), and worked as a member of the NSF Working Committee on Technology.
His research interests are electronic patient information management systems, Hidden Markov Model based prediction algorithms, and Fuzzy Neural Network based control systems.
- Feb. 2015 to date – Professor, Department of Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri lanka.
- Oct. 2003 to Feb. 2015 – Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade), Department of Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri lanka.
- 1997 to 2000 – Systems Engineer, Computing Services Centre, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
- Member – Computer Society of Sri Lanka.
- Member – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- The Monbukagakusho Scholarship for PhD studies at Saga University, Japan by Japanese Government.
- K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Izumi, and K. Kiguchi. "Modular fuzzy-neuro controller driven by spoken language commands." IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics--Part B: Cybernetics, vol. 34, No.1, pp. 293 - 302, Feb. 2004.
- A. Chatterjee, K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, and K. Izumi. "A particle swarm optimized fuzzy-neural network for voice-controlled robot systems." IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 52, No.6, pp. 1478 – 1489, Dec. 2005.
- J. L. Amararachchi, H. S. C. Perera and K. Pulasinghe . "Towards Knowledge Management for Healthcare: Effects of Latest Medical Information for the Quality of Healthcare in the Developing Countries: A Case Study." Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Medical Imaging, vol. 1, Issue 2, pp. 1260-1266, April, 2014.