FACULTY : Business
Department of Business Management
- BSc Business Administration (Special) Degree, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, 2001
- M.Sc. in (Management) Degree, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, 2006
- Reading for MPhil/PhD at the Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo
Maliendra Gunawardena is a dynamic professional who joined academia after almost 10 years working experience in the Industry. Prior to joining the SLIIT Business School in 2009, Maliendra has held Managerial and Executive positions in several reputed organizations in the country. She teaches Economics, Accounting and Finance for the undergraduate programmes. She holds important academic as well as non-academic responsibilities in the Faculty of Business as well as in SLIIT at present. She has contributed the faculty in developing new programmes and curricula. A passionate Toastmaster and a Competent Leader working with the inspiration of letting many others to be effective communicators and leaders from the Toastmasters programmes, she is a charter member and a past president of the SLIIT Toastmasters Club, a Toastmasters Club exclusively for the SLIIT staff members. She is also a PhD candidate of the Faculty of Graduate Studies, of the University of Colombo.
- Financial Distress
- Trust in Firm-Stakeholder Relationships
- Corporate Reputation- Financial Performance relationship in Sri Lankan context
- Gunawardena, M., Peiris H. R. I., Wijesundera, A., Krishna, D., & T.P.C.R. . "Predictability of Stock Returns Using Financial Ratios Empirical Evidence from Colombo Stock Exchange." Kelaniya Journal of Management, vol. 4, pp. 44-55, July-December 2015.