FACULTY : Business
Department of Business Management
- M.Eon, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2008
- B.Com. (Hons) in International Business , University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, 2005
Mano Weligodapola is a lecturer in International Business and Economics and has worked as an academic for 11 years. Currently, she is the Head of Department of Business Management and senior lecturer in Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Malabe, Sri Lanka. In addition to her teaching she serve as the Academic Advisor of the Faculty of Business, SLIIT. Furthermore, she acts as the Course Leader for the SHU BBA Degree programme. She also chairs the Faculty Quality Cell (FQC) and represents the Internal Quality Assurance Unit (IQAU) as the Faculty representative.
- 01/2014 to date – Senior Lecturer in International Business, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 05/2009 to 01/2014 – Lecturer in International Business, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 02/2007 to 05/2009 – Assistant Lecturer in International Business, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 10/2006 to 02/2007 – Management Consultant/Lecturer, NIBM, Sri Lanka
- 10/2004 to 10/2006, Secondary School Teacher, Gateway College, Sri Lanka
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- International Competitiveness and FDI
- Economic Development
- Member of British Academy of Management (BAM)
- Member of International Business and Economics Research Group, SHU (IBERG)
- Member of SME Entrepreneurship and Innovation SIG Group, SHU
- 11/2013 – 11/2018 as SLIIT SHU Partnership scholarship to pursue doctoral research at Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom.
- 10/2000 – 01/2004 Mahapola Scholarship, Awarded by government of Sri Lanka to study undergraduate studies at University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
- Best paper award – International Conference on Social Sciences, University of Kelaniya Sri Lanka 2008
- Niluka, R., Sulaiman, S., Samarawickrama, P., Perera, I., Thelijjagoda, S., and Weligodapola, M.. "Falcon Finder; a mobile tour guide." in International Conference of Global Business Management, E-commerce and IT, International Centre for Research and Development (ICRD)., 2013, pp. 23-27.
- R Hasarali, I Mayadunne, U Weerakoon, L Samarasinghe, M Weligodapola, S Thelijjagoda. "Evaluating the Effectiveness of Process Automation in the Sri Lankan Textile Manufacturing Industry." in National Conference on Technology and Management, Sri Lanka, SLIIT , 2012, pp. 12-16.
- K.M.N.S. Bandara and M. Weligodapola. "A study on the relationship between labour productivity and motivation; with special reference to Hidramani Group of companies." in National Conference on Technology and Management, Sri Lanka, SLIIT , 2012, pp. 7-12 .
- Weligodapola M, Kariyapperuma N and Pinto L. "The role of the IT academics on the sustainable development in Sri Lanka in terms of innovations and creativity." in 3rd International symposium, Sri Lanka, Sabaragamuwa University, Belihuloya., 2010, pp. 121.
- Weligodapola M. "“Gender based digital divide in labour market in Sri Lanka” ." in Proceedings of the International Conference on Social Sciences, Sri Lanka, University of Kelaniya, 2008, pp. 143 .