FACULTY : Business
Department of Business Management
- Master of Business Administration (University of Sunderland)
- Master in Labour Relations and Human Resources Management (University of Colombo) (Reading)
- Post Graduate Diploma in HRM & Personnel (Indian Institute of Management and Technology)
- Bachelor of Business Management (Human Resource) Special Degree (University of Kelaniya) (Second Class Upper Division)
Ranitha Weerarathna is a graduate with a second class upper division of Bachelor of Business Management (Human Resource) special degree from University of Kelaniya. He joined to SLIIT, Faculty of Business in 2014 and lectures Principles of Management, Organisational Behaviour, Economics and Management and Business Project modules.. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, he is the undergraduate internship coordinator for Faculty of Business and Coordinator for web site development and social media sites for the faculty.
- 1/4/2017 - to present : Lecturer, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 01/08/2014 to 31/3/2017: Assistant Lecturer, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 7/2013-7/2014-Executive-Academic Affairs/Lecturer- Human Resource Management Institute, Sri Lanka
- Associate Member of Association of HR Professionals, Sri Lanka
- Associate member – Institute of Management of Sri Lanka
- Affiliate Member- Institute of Personnel Management Sri Lanka (IPM)
- Weerarathna, R. S. & Pintoe, K. A.. "A Study of Essential Competencies and Skills of HR Managers in Sri Lanka." Management and Administrative Sciences Review, vol. 5(6), pp. 337-352, 2016.
- Weerarathna, R. S., & Jayarathna, S.M.D. Y. "The Effects of Employee Related Factors on Organizational Restructuring: A Case Study in Apparel Manufacturing Company in Sri Lanka." International Journal of Academic Research and Development, vol. 1(9), pp. 34-38, 2016.
- Weerarathna R.S., and Pintoe K.A.C.. "An Exploratory Study on the Experience Requirements of Key HR Jobs in Sri Lanka." IOSR Journal of Business and Management , vol. 18 , pp. 116-122, 2016.
- Weerarathna, R.S. "The Relationship between Conflicts and Employee Performance." International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research , vol. 5(5), pp. 1270-1277, 2014.
- Weerarathna, R.S and Geeganage , I. A. P. H. "The Relationship between Organisational Culture and Employee Performance: Case of Sri Lanka." International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research , vol. 5(8), pp. 985-990, 2014.
- Dissanayake, L. D., Kuruppu, C. L., Weerarathna, R. S., & Silva, N. D.. "A Study of the Relationship between the Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment of Academic Staff in Private Higher Education Institutes in Sri Lanka." International Journal of Science and Research, vol. 5(12), pp. 1641-1647, 2016.
- R.S Weerarathna & I.Weerasinghe . "A Study of the Relationship between Organizational Conflicts & Employees’ Intention to Leave with Special Reference to Staff Assistants in ABC Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka." Global Journal of Management and Business Research, vol. 17, pp. 43-57, 2017.