FACULTY : Computing
Department of Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in ICT (1st Class Honors), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2011
- Certificate in Human Resource Management, Institute of Personnel Management, Sri Lanka, 2009
- Certificate in English, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2007
- PhD Candidate - Queensland University of Technology, Australia (March 2013 – Now. Thesis under review)
- Assistant Lecturer - University of Colombo School of Computing (Feb 2012 - Jan 2013 and Feb 2017 - Now)
- Reviewer - International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer) 2017
- Reviewer - CHI UX Indonesia 2016 (ACM)
- Tutor - Queensland University of Technology (2014 & 2015)
Tutored in People, Context and Technology unit across two semesters. This subject combined Participatory Design (PD) and Human Computer Interaction (HCI) aspects.
- Reviewer - Asia Pacific HCI and UX Design Symposium 2015
- Reviewer - International Conference on Creative Industry 2015
- Instructor - University of Colombo School of Computing (October 2011 - February 2012)
- Junior Executive - IT at Imperial Teas (Pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka (August 2010 - March 2011)
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Designing with people with different abilities
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy (AFHEA). (License: PR093089), Since October 2015
- IFS Academic Excellence Award for the Best Performance in ICT 4 Year Degree (Batch-top), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, May 2012
- Sampath Bank Award for the Best Final Year Project (ICT), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, May 2012 (with K. K. G. Weerasekara and D. M. P. Dias)
- Rajapakse, R., Brereton, M., Sitbon, L., & Roe, P. . "A Collaborative approach to design individualized technologies with people with a disability.." in Annual Meeting of the Australian Special Interest Group for Computer Human Interaction on - OzCHI ’15 , 2015, pp. 29–33.
- Rajapakse, R., Brereton, M., Roe, P., & Sitbon, L. . "Designing with people with disabilities: Adapting best practices of DIY and organizational approaches." in 26th Australian Computer-Human Interaction Conference on Designing Futures the Future of Design - OzCHI ’14 , 2014, pp. 519–522.
- Weerasekara, K., Dias, M., Rajapakse, R., Wimalarathne, P., & Dharmarathne, A.. "Two dimensional audio environment for the visually impaired.." in International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions, IEEE, 2011, pp. 46–51.
- Rajapakse, R., Dias, M., Weerasekara, K., Wimalarathne, P., & Dharmarathne, A. . "Audio User Interface for Visually Impaired Computer Users: in a Two Dimensional Audio Environment. ." in World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 2011, pp. 55-64.