FACULTY : Business
Department of Business Management
- Ph.D. in Information Systems Engineering, Gifu University, Japan
- M.Eng. in Electronics and Computer Engineering, Gifu University, Japan
- B.A. in Statistics (Special) First Class Honours, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
Samantha Thelijjagoda is a professor in Information Systems Engineering, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Malabe, Sri Lanka. He is currently serving as the Dean, Faculty of Business.
He joined SLIIT in 2007 and held positions including Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, Head, Department of Information Systems Engineering, Head, Department of Information Management, Postgraduate Course Coordinator and Course Leader for Enterprise Applications Development program.
He is an active member of Computer Society of Sri Lanka and currently the student counselor of its executive council. He is the country representative of Technical Committee 8 (TC-8: Information Systems) of International Federation of Information Processing (IFIP). He is also the country in-charge for Skills Certifications of IT professionals in Sri Lanka which is awarded by Australian Computer Society (ACS).
His research interests are Computational models of human language processing (NLP), Human language technology (HLT) such as Machine Translations, Information Extraction etc. and Digital linguistics (Corpus Linguistics) which are associated with the area of Computational Linguistics.
- 2018.01 todate – Dean, Faculty of Business
- 2017.04 to 2017.12 – Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- 2016.12 to 2017.03 – Acting Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- 2015.01 to 2016.11 – Head, Department of Information Systems Engineering, Faculty of Computing
- 2012.01 to 2014.12 – Head, Department of Information Management, Faculty of Business
- 2016.12 to date - Professor in Information Systems Engineering, Faculty of Computing
- 2008.09 to 2016.11- Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade)
- 2007.09 to 2008.09- Senior Lecturer
- 2009.09 to 2015.12- Postgraduate Course Coordinator, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- Computational models of human language processing
- Human language technology (HLT)
- Digital linguistics
Natural Language Processing
Spoken Language Systems
- Member and Student Counselor of executive council of Computer Society of Sri Lanka.
- Member – Institution of Engineering and Technology, UK.
- Member – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, USA.
- Member – Association for Information Systems, USA.
Rotary Yoneyama Fellowship, Rotary International (2000-2001) for M.Eng. Degree Program
Gifu University Merit Scholarship, Gifu University, Japan for Ph.D. program
Gifu International Chowa Club Scholarship, Japan for Ph.D. program
- Thelijjagoda S., Imai Y. and Ikeda T. . "Japanese-Sinhalese Machine Translation System Jaw/Sinhalese." Journal of National Science Foundation, vol. 35, Nos: 2, pp. 81-96, June 2007.
- Mohamad Kalith, David Ashirvatham and Samantha Thelijjagoda . "Isolated to Connected Tamil Digit Speech Recognition System Based on Hidden Markov Model." International Journal of New Technologies in Science and Engineering, vol. 3, Issue 4, pp. 1-11, April, 2016.
- S. N. Samsudeen and S. Thelijjagoda . "Sri Lankan Citizens’ User Behavior towards E-Government Services." European Journal of Business and Management, International Institute for Science, Technology and Education, 24-84a/101 Hudson Street, 21st Floor, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA. , vol. 7, Issue 8, pp. 219-232, April 2015.
- S. N. Samsudeen and S. Thelijjagoda . "University Academics’ Behavioral to Use E-Government Services in Sri Lanka." Journal of Information and Knowledge Management, International Institute for Science, Technology and Education, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA, vol. 5, Issue 6, pp. 51-58, 2015.
- Bhagya Devanarayana and Samantha Thelijjagoda . "Influences on Handheld POS Usage in Star Class Hotels–Sri Lanka." International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology, Bechenham, Kent, UK, vol. 3, No: 04, pp. 102-120, April 2016.
- Shibly F.H.A. and S. Thelijjagoda. "Development of a Web Based Electronic Waste Management System: A Study with Special Reference to Recycling Companies in Sri Lanka." International Journal of New Technologies in Science and Engineering, vol. 2, Issue 2, pp. 130-135, August 2015.
- S. N. Samsudeen and S. Thelijjagoda . "Factors Influencing Undergraduates’ Intention to Use e-Government Services: Reference to South Eastern University of Sri Lanka." International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Advanced Research International?Publication House, vol. 5, Issue 3, pp. 18-23, March 2015.
- Thelijjagoda S., Imai Y., Elikewala N., Ikeda T.. "Japanese-Sinhalese MT System (Jaw/Sinhalese) and a Solution for the Translation of Japanese Function words after Predicate in to Sinhalese." in Proceedings of Asian Symposium on Natural Language Processing to Overcome Language Barriers, International Joint Conference on NLP, Hainan, China, 2004, pp. 73-78.