FACULTY : Business
Department of Business Management
- BSc. (Hons) in Public Administration, University of Sri Jayawardenepura, Sri Lanka, 1986
- Master of Business Administration, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, 1996
- Ph.D., National Institute of Development Administration. Thailand, 2003
- Associate (Final) Part 1, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka 1988,
Wasantha Rajapakshe is a senior lecturer (HG), Faculty of Business, SLIIT. Prior to joining SLIIT, she was an Assistant Professor and the Head of the Department of Business Administration, Jubail University College, Saudi Arabia; Assistant Professor and Assistant Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, St. Theresa (Inti) College in Thailand; Adjunct Faculty, Troy University USA (Thailand Program) and Senior Lecturer Grade 1, Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce, University of Sri Jayawardenepura, Sri Lanka. She has experience in teaching management students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. She has served as a research supervisor for graduate and undergraduate level in several national universities in Sri Lanka as well as Troy University USA (Thailand Program). Her current teaching at SLIIT focuses on Human Capital Management, and Strategic Management for both graduate and undergraduate students. Her main teaching and research interests are in the field of HRM and organizational Behaviour. She has conducted some research under the Human side of the organizations.
- 01/2017 to date – Senior Lecturer in Business Management, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 02/2007 – 06/2016 – Assistant Professor in Business Administration, University College Jubail, Saudi Arabia
- 09/2003 – 02/2007 – Assistant Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, St. Theresa (Inti) College, Thailand
- 09/2003 – 02/2007 – Dean Faculty of Graduate Studies, St. Theresa (Inti) College, Thailand
- 09/2003 – 02/2007 – Adjunct Faculty, Troy University USA (Thailand Program)
- 03/1989 – 09/2003 – Senior Lecturer Grade 1, Department of Public Administration, University of Sri Jayawardenepura, Sri Lanka
- 1994-2003- Chief Examiner in Business Studies GCE (A/L) - The Examination Department of Sri Lanka
- 10/1986 – 02/1989 -Audit Officer - P.E.Mathew & Co; Chartered Accountants, Sri Lanka
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- For MBA studies- Full tuition Fee scholarship form Ministry of Higher Education in Sri Lanka. 1990
- For Doctoral Studies – Full Tuition Fee scholarship and Stephen allowance form Commission of Higher Education in Thailand. 1998
- Research Grant for Doctoral dissertation: From University of Sri Jayawardenepura Sri Lanka and National Institute of Development Administration, Thailand-2000
- Research grant from Thailand Research Fund in 2005 to conduct research on Thailand Higher Education Institutions.2005
- Rajapakshe, Wasantha. . An Alternative Model for Employees’ Voluntary Labour Turnover. Germany, : LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, , (2015-02-25),, pp. ISBN-13: 978-3-659-35191-4..
- Rajapakshe, Wasantha. . ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS TO WOMEN EMPOWERMENT, 1, vol. 1, Rincy V. Mathew, Washington, DC 20036 : Acadamica Press , 2017, pp. 1-47.
- Rajapakshe, Wasantha. . "Impact of Stressors on Academic Performance among Female Students’ in Saudi Arabia." IDL - International Digital Library Of Management & Research, vol. Volume 1, Issue 4, , pp. 1-10, Apr 2017.
- Rajapakshe, Wasantha. . "Strategy and Structure: Re-Examined.." Vidyodaya Journal of Management Studies, vol. 1-1, pp. 69-76, 2003.
- Rajapakshe, Wasantha. . "The Relation between Demographic Factors and the Employees’ Intention to Quit in Free Trade Zones in Sri Lanka." in Paper Proceeding of the Second Asia-Pacific Conference on Multidisciplinary Research 2017 (978-955-4543-42-3), 29 - 30 July 2017, pp. 271-278.
- Rajapakshe, Wasantha. . "Relationship between Perceived organizational Climate and Job Performance and Organizational Commitment among Academics’ in Private Universities in Thailand." in ICBM Bangkok, , 2007, pp. pp 99-114.