B.Sc Special Honours Degree programme is of 4 years’ duration with two semesters per year. Each semester consists of a number of courses carrying a total of 16-20 credits. A course carries 3 credits when it involves 3 student contact hours each week or 4 credits when it involves 4 – 4 ‘/z student contact hours each week for a semester.
- Earn a Certificate in Information Technology after successful completion of the first semester (6 months) of study + Foundation programme.
- Earn an Associate Diploma in Information Technology after successful completion of the first year.
- Earn a Diploma in Information Technology after successful completion of two years.
- Earn an Advanced Diploma or the B.Sc. Degree of the Curtin University of Technology in Information Technology after successful completion of three years and exit or
- Graduate with a B.Sc. Special Honours Degree in Information Technology after successful completion of four years of study and exit.
Each stage is designed to fit into a particular industry segment satisfying IT enabled services to software development and research and development. Candidates who exit each programme before final graduation at different levels after successful completion can rejoin the programme and continue, after a spell of employment or training in industry or leave of absence, at the appropriate level for final graduation subject to necessary registration procedure and approval by SLIIT.
*Rules regarding advancing from one stage to the other will be as determined by the SLIIT.
*The B.Sc. Special Honours Degree will be awarded by the SLIIT as approved by the University Grants Commission under the Universities Act.