Ms. Chathurini Kumarapperuma
Faculty of Business | Business Management
Chathurini Kumarapperuma is a lecturer in Business Management attached to Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Malabe, Sri Lanka. Her teaching areas spans to many disciplines from Information Systems to Management Accounting and Project Management. She completed her Bachelor of Scinece degree in IT specializing in Information Systems with a first class and went on to complete MSc in Project Management at Keele University with a Distinction.
Apart from her academic responsibilities she has also served as the Senior Treasurer of Faculty of Business Students Community and currently serves as the Faculty coordinator of Examinations and Timetabling and the Senior Treasurer of Students Interactive Society (SIS) of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology.
- 09/2015 to date –Lecturer, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 2010 – 2015 – Assistant Lecturer, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- BSc Special Honours Degree in Information Technology (Specialisation: Information Systems), Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka, 2010
- MSc in Project Management, Keele University, UK
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- 2010 – Award for Outstanding performance at BSc in IT Field of specialisation: Information Systems at convocation at Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka
- 2007 - 2010 Full scholarship based on academic performance to pursue Bachelor of Science Degree at Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka
Research Interests and Memberships
Her research interests are in the following areas:
- Accounting Teaching Practices
- Sustainability and Project Management
- Management accounting practices
- Behavioural aspects related to systems implementations
- Associate Member of Charted Institute of Management Accountants - ACMA - (CIMA, UK)
- Global Charted Management Accountant (CGMA)
Impact of teaching methods and learning approaches on students’ academic performance, effort and satisfaction
- Chathurini Kumarapperuma, Wijayasinghe, P.M.T., Jayathilaka, Y.C.P., Madushani, P.L.B. and De Silva, G.H.K. Change Management in the Context of IT Implementations in 5th International Research Conference for Management and Finance, year 2010, 2010,
- Chathurini Kumarapperuma, Wijayasinghe, P.M.T., Jayathilaka, Y.C.P., Madushani, P.L.B. and De Silva, G.H.K. Change Management in the Context of ERP Implementations in 1st Research Symposium, UvaWellassa University , year 2010, 2010,
- Ms. Chathurini Kumarapperuma, Prof. Chandna Perera " Sustainability and Green Approaches in Project Management." LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 2018, Edition 1,