Ms. Nilmini Rathnayake
Faculty of Business | Business Management
Nilmini Rathnayake is a graduate with a first-class, B.Sc. Public Management (Special) degree from the University of Sri Jayewardenepura. She joined SLIIT, Business School as an instructor in the Department of Business Management in 2019.
09/2020 - Present: Assistant Lecturer/Department of Business Management
04/2019 - 08/2020: Instructor/Department of Business Management
- Former trainee Insurance Assistant at Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Limited, General Insurance Claim Department- Head Office. (10/2018 to 02/2019)
- Former Management Trainee at National Water Supply & Drainage Board. (03/2018 to 09/2018)
- Former Audit Trainee at H.M.Karunarathna & Company Chartered Accountants. (02/2014 to 02/2015)
- Master of Philosophy(MPhil) in Business Economics (Reading) - March 2020 to 2022
Department of Business Economics, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- B.Sc. Public Management (Special) degree (With a First Class and a Gold Medal) – October 2018
Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Certificate Course in "Academic Writing" - 2017 - Business Communication Unit of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
- Completed up to the Business Level of Chartered Accountancy - 2016 - The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka.
- Certificate Course in “Information Technology for the Business Environment” - 2015 - The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka.
- Qualified in AAT - January 2014 - The Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Gold Medalist – “Deshamanya Proffessor Linus De Sliva Memorial Gold Medal” of the year 2019, Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- To increase awareness among young scholars on the issues of Sustainable Development, MIND grants annual scholarships to undergraduates in Sri Lankan universities.
- 17th batch of scholars – Sept’17-Aug’18
Research Interests and Memberships
- Sustainable Development
- Higher Education
- Concurrent Issues
- AAT Sri Lanka
- ICASL Sri Lanka (Student Membership)
- Synergies between the level of income and expenditure among different health expense categories. Based on Household Income and Healthcare Expenditure Survey (HIES) in Sri Lanka.
- Key success factors, challenges and measures to improve female entrepreneurship: With special reference to the confectionary industry in Sri Lanka (N. Perukshan ,Tennakoon R H M V M,Wijethunga R A P K, Abhayasinghe P R R W M M T,Samarasinghe H M U S R , Rathnayake R M N M - Comprehensive Research Project 2020).
- The impact of social media marketing towards the purchase intention among generation Y and Z with reference to franchise fast food industry in Colombo district (Separamadu H.N., Lakchan V.A.S.M., Jayasinghe M.A.N.D., Dharmagunawardhana P.V.M.S.D, Samarasinghe H.M.U.S.R, Rathnayake R.M.N.M - Comprehensive Research Project 2020).
- Comparison of Factors Affecting to Job Satisfaction among Private and Public Sector Banking Employees with Special reference to the Colombo District (Wijayagunasekara S.P,Dias N C M , Pieris D D N , Dayanada L P N Y ,Samarasinghe H.M.U.S.R, Rathnayake R.M.N.M - Comprehensive Research Project 2020)
- Brand experiences in the higher education industry.
- Urban Councils solid waste management challenges in developing countries – Sri Lankan case study with special reference to Boralesgamuwa Urban Council
- W.D.N Madhavika & R. M. N. M. Rathnayake " "Impact of Internet Usage on Undergraduate Academic Performances (Special Reference to You Tube Online Video Platform Usage) " " Global Journal of Management and Business Research: G Interdisciplinary, vol.Volume 20, Issue Issue 1 , 2020, pp.17-24, https://globaljournals.org/journals/management/latest-ejournals-in-gjmbr, 13/02/2020,
- J. G. K. C Jayawickrama, S. Selvam, T. M Dunumala, Y. A. M. S Samaratunga, H. W. M. C Weligodapola, R. M. N. M. Rathnayake " "Fast Food Consumption Behavior among Young Parents: A Qualitative Study with Special Reference to Selected Franchised Fast Food Restaurants Within the Colombo City in Sri Lanka." " International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol.10,, Issue 4, 2020, pp. 649 - 661, Academic Journals Database, 10.6007/IJARBSS/v10-i4/7202,
- R.M.N.M.Rathnayake, W.N. Sellahewa " A Conceptual Framework for Tackling the Workplace Bullying and Harassments after COVID 19 Pandemic Presentation, at 5th Interdisciplinary Conference of Management Researchers (ICMR) 2020 organized by the Faculty of Management Studies, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka in collaboration with academic partner, Emerald Publishing, 2020