Prof. Theekshana Suraweera
Faculty of Business | Information Management
Professor Theekshana Suraweera is the founder Dean of the Faculty of Business, SLIIT. Prior to joining SLIIT, Theekshana was a Lecturer at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. He has also served in the UNDP as a MIS Specialist and had been holding several senior positions in the Sri Lanka Administrative Service (SLAS).
He holds PhD (Canterbury- New Zealand), MBA (Sri J- Sri Lanka), MSc (Reading-UK), MSc (Sri.j) and the Postgraduate Diploma in International Affairs from Bandaranayke Centre for International Studies, Sri Lanka.
Theekshana’s main teaching and research interests are in the fields of IT application in Small Business, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Business Research Methodology. He is a keen advocator of innovative teaching/training approaches for motivation and inspiration. He has created an innovative fun-filled programme, entitled “Edutainment Unlimited” ( Sundara Gurugedara), aimed at developing learning and study skills, leadership and other “Soft Skills” among secondary school children.
He has published several research papers at the refereed international and national conferences and in research journals. He has also published the Sinhala adaptation of “Wo Moved My Cheese” by Dr Spenser Jonson under the title “ ??? ????? ???????”. Two more books are due to be out on publication soon. One is a book on change management “????? ???? ??? ??????” ( original is “ Our Iceberg is Melting” and the other is a trilingual children’s book " Rose Flower Butterfly".
Theekshana is the Charter President of SLIIT Toastmasters Club and a competent communicator. He is an excellent communicator and was the Charter President of SLIIT Toastmasters Club. His workshops aimed at promoting Leadership Skills, Change Management, Soft Skills, Emotional Intelligence and Stress Release are popular in the corporate sector and educational institutes.
- PhD - University of Canterbury, New Zealand.
- MBA - Postgraduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- MSc - (Tropical Agricultural Development) University of Reading, UK.
- MSc - (Polymer Science & Technology) University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- BSc - (2nd Class, upper division honours) University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Research Interests and Memberships
- IT applications in the Education Sector; Service Quality in Education.
- Managerial Issues of IT.
- Change Management; IT Project Management.
- IT and Business Success (SME sector).
- Measurement of IS/business constructs / Development of Instruments.
- Team Leader, World Bank Assisted –AHEAD Research Project on ‘Socio-economic Status and Employment Potential of Visually Impaired and Blind Persons in Sri Lanka’.
- Suraweera, T., Pathirana, U P G Y, Perera, M K S R , Madurandi, K H. " Characterizing Employee Commitment and Relationship Between Employee Empowerment and Commitment " International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology , 2017,
- Suraweera, T., Sumanadasa, S and Abeyarathne, W.S.P. " Knowledge Adoption in Industrial Craftsmen: Case of Eye Accident Victims " International Journal of Technology: Knowledge and Society, 2010,
- Cragg P., Mills A. and Suraweera T. " Understanding IT Management in SMEs. " Electronic Journal of Information Systems Evaluation , vol.13, Issue 1, 2010, pp.27-34,
- Koswatte, KRC and Suraweera, T " ICT Education in Sri Lankan Schools: An Exploratory Study " IJMIE, vol.4, Issue 2, 2014,
- Suraweera, T., Wickramasena, A., Jayalath, T. and Ariyadasa. S Teacher Attitude and ICT Integration in the Class Room: (Case of Sri Lankan Schools) in The 6th National Conference on Technology & Management, year 2016, Sri Lanka, 27 January, 2017 ,
- Suraweera, T., et al. ERP Implementation Process: What is the Right Way? in 26th national Information technology Conference , year 2008, Suraweera, T., et al.,