Ms. Thisuru Dias
Faculty of Business | Information Management
Ms. Thisuru Dias is an experienced educator with a strong track record of academic achievement with over seven years of industry experience in Software Quality Assurance and Project Management, as well as more than two years of teaching experience. She has developed a well-rounded skill set that includes practical and theoretical knowledge in software quality assurance, project management, and process improvement. In these various roles, she has gained expertise in training and coaching, delivering presentations, risk management, and stakeholder collaboration.
As someone deeply passionate about teaching and committed to sharing knowledge and enthusiasm with students, she has involved with a wide range of modules, including Software Quality Assurance, IT Project Management, Software Architecture, User Experience Engineering, Software Project Management, and Software Engineering Process and Quality Management.
She was a member of the CODEFEST 2022 sponsorship committee and the ICAC 2022 publicity committee and she helped to promote and organize these events. She had the opportunity to showcase her event hosting skills as the co-host of the Dean's List Award Ceremony 2023 at the Faculty of Computing, MC for the closing ceremony of ICAC 2022, main host of the ICT QUIZ competition in CODEFEST 2022, and moderator for three sessions of the Computing for Business and Society track at ICAC 2022.
She holds a First Class BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems degree from the University of Westminster (UK) and completed her MSc in Information Systems at SLIIT, where she received the Best Performance Award in 2022. Additionally, she was the 1st Runner Up in the 2022 Three Minutes Thesis (3MT) Competition organized by the IEEE Techverse Sri Lanka.
As a Lecturer at SLIIT, she continues to pursue her research while contributing to new innovations and focuses on providing students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in today's rapidly changing world.
- MSc. in Information Systems, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Sri Lanka.
- BSc. (Hons) Business Information Systems, University of Westminster, United Kingdom.
- Software Quality Assurance Professional Program, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Sri Lanka.
- CTFL (Certified Tester), International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB).
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- 1st Runner Up in Three Minutes Thesis (3MT) Competition 2022, organized by the IEEE Techverse Sri Lanka.
- Best Performance Award for MSc in Information Systems, at the annual convocation 2022 of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT).
Research Interests and Memberships
- Software Quality Assurance
- Robotic Process Automation
- Information Systems
- Software Project Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Application and integration of Robotic Process Automation in Higher Education (2022~)
- Dharsan R., Krishanthini M., Traveena C., Anubama L., D. I. De Silva, S. M. D. T. H. Dias " Analyzing PHP Project - Medicare " International Journal of Engineering and Management Research, vol.12, Issue 5, 2023, pp.432-440,
- Nirojan Y., Lavaniyah L., Sayanthan K., Arivaran T., D. I. De Silva, S. M. D. T. H. Dias " Online Shopping System " International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, vol.07, Issue 11, 2022, pp.820- 826,
- Gawsan R., T. W. M. I. P. S. Bandara, W. P. G. M. Weerasinghe, S.R. Kulasekara, D. I. De Silva, S. M. D. T. H. Dias " E-Commerce System " International Journal of Engineering and Management Research, vol.12, Issue 05, 2022, pp.234-240,
- Thahseen, A., Tissera, W., Vidhanaarachchi, S., Aaron, N., Rajapaksha, D.C.N., Fernando, P.V., Dias, T. and Fernando, T. Smart System to Support Hearing Impaired Students in Tamil in International Research Conference on Smart Computing and Systems Engineering (SCSE) , year 2023, pp.Vol. 6, pp. 1-8, IEEE, 2023, June,