Dr. Pradeep Abeygunawardhana
Head | Department of Computer Systems Engineering
Faculty of Computing | Computer Systems Engineering
Dr. Pradeep Abeygunawardhana is currently working as a Senior lecturer (Higher grade). He obtained his Phd in March 2010 from robotic Engineering from Keio University, Japan. He obtianed his Master in September 2006 from the same university. He is a graduate of University of Moratuwa from Electrical Engineering.
- PhD (Keio), Japan,
- Msc (Keio), Japan
- Bsc (University of Moratuwa), Sri Lanka
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Recieved Japanese Governmnet scholarship (Monbukagakusho) for year 2004-2009.
- Keio Leading Lab Research Grant for year 2007, 2008, 2009.
- Bronze award of NBQSA, Sri Lanka in 2017
Research Interests and Memberships
- Cloud robotics,
- Artificial Intelligence,
- Network robotics,
- Member of IEEE
- Member of CSSL
- Robert as an intelligent Agent
- The robot as a service is widely used one whereas a robot as a learner is an emerging concept. Though there are many learning robots have been presented throughout our research history. However, as a concept, it has not been formalized. Out robotic framework will equip intelligent algorithms using machine learning which provides robots to learn and adapt to situations. Expanding the horizon of cloud robotics, we are going to develop intelligent capabilities to our system using machine learning. By merging, Robot as a service, Robot as a learner, and intelligence of robot, this paper develop a new concept of Robot as an Intelligent Agent.
- HexaGrow- Smart agricultural robotic systems for greenhouses.
- Pradeep Abeygunawardhana, Toshiyuki Murakami " "Vibration suppression of two-wheel mobile manipulator using resonance-ratio-control-based null-space control" " IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol.57, Issue 12, 2010, pp.4137-4146, IEEE, 10.1109/TIE.2010.2044115,
- Pradeep Abeygunawardhana, Toshiyuki Murakami Environmental interaction of two wheeled mobile manipulator by using reaction torque observer in Advanced Motion Control, 2008. AMC'08. 10th IEEE International Workshop on, year 2019, Italy, pp.348-353, IEEE, 26-28 March 200,