Ms. Chamari Silva
Faculty of Computing | Information Technology
- 2015 to date - Lecturer, Department of Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (Matara Center), Sri Lanka.
- 2013 - 2015 - Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna.
- 2010 - 2013 - Software Engineer, Excel Technology Lanka (Pvt) Ltd.
- 2007 - 2008 - Trainee Software Developer, Creative Technology Solutions.
- Reading for Master of Philosophy, University of Ruhuna, 2014 to date
- BSc Eng. (Hons) in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 2009
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Dean’s List, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship for undergraduate studies at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Sponsor: University Grants Commission (UGC) of Sri Lanka.
Research Interests and Memberships
- Image Processing
- Pattern Recognition
- Machine learning
- Associate member, IESL (Membership No. 17115)
- Chamari Silva and Cyril Kariyawasam " Segmenting Sinhala Handwritten Characters " International Journal of Conceptionson Computing and InformationTechnology, vol.2, Issue 4, 2014, pp.22-26,
- Chamari M. Silva, N. D. Jayasundere and C. Kariyawasam " State of Handwriting Recognition of modern Sinhala Script " INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIVE RESEARCH IN TECHNOLOGY, vol.1, Issue 9, 2014, pp.97-102,
- Chamari M. Silva, N. D. Jayasundere, C. Kariyawasam Contour Tracing for Isolated Sinhala Handwritten Character Recognition in 2015 International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions, year 2015, Colombo, pp.25-31, IEEE, 24th & 25th, August 2015 ,
- Chamari M. Silva,N. D. Jayasundere Isolated Sinhala handwritten character recognition using part Based Matching Techniques in International Research Conference on Smart Computing and Systems Engineering -2018, year 2018, Colombo, 29th March 2018,