Mr. Prasanna S. Haddela
Data Science Program Coordinator, Academic Coordinator (Metro), Student Counsellor/ Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Computing | Information Technology
- Senior Lecturer (2012 to Present)
- Program Coordinator - Data Science (2018 - Present)
- Visiting Academic - Faculty of Engineering Technology, Open University of Sri Lanka (2010 to Present)
- Academic Coordinator- Metro Campus/ Faculty of Computing (2014 to 2020)
- Link Tutor - Department of Computing, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom (2014 - 2018)
- Student Counsellor (2012 to 2018)
- Visiting Academic - Department of Computing, Curtin University, Australia (2011)
- IT Instructor, Assit. Lecturer, Lecturer (Feb 2002 to 2011)
- Ph.D. Candidate - Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science - UCSC, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- B.Sc. - Faculty of Science, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Research Scholarship for Doctoral Studies at Sheffield Hallam University, UK.
Research Interests and Memberships
- Explainable AI
- Feature Engineering
- Evolutionary Computing
- Neuro Computing
- A.G. A. Nirmani, L. Thilakarathne, A. Wickramasinghe, S. Senanayake and Prasanna S. Haddela Google Map and Camera Based Fuzzified Adaptive Networked Traffic Light Handling Model in the Proceeding of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Information Technology Research (IEEE ICITR 2018), year Undated, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, December 5-7, 2018,
- S.V.S. Gunaskara, Prasanna S. Haddela Effective domain specific generation for Sinhala Text in the Proceeding of 19th International Postgraduate Research Conference (IPRC 2018) , year 2018, University of Kelaniya, Colombo, Sri Lanka, December 5, 2018,
- K. T. P. M. Kariyawasam, S. Y. Senanayake, and Prasanna S. Haddela A Rule Based Stemmer for Sinhala Language in the proceeding of 14th IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (IEEE ICIIS 2019), year 2019, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, December 18-20, 2019,
- A. Arulanantham, A. A. A. Anzar, G. Rajalingam, K. Ingran and Prasanna S. Haddela Effective Mechanism to Mitigate Injuries During NFL Plays in proceeding of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (IEEE ICIIS 2019), year 2019, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, December 18-20, 2019,
- A.A.V.A Jayaweera, Y.N Senanayake, and Prasanna S. Haddela Dynamic Stop-word Removal for Sinhala Language in proceeding of the IEEE National Information Technology Conference (IEEE NITC 2019), year 2019, Colombo, Sri Lanka, October 8-10, 2019,
- I. Lakshan, L. Wickramasinghe, S. Disala, S. Chandrasegar, and Prasanna S. Haddela Real Time Deception Detection for Criminal Investigation in proceeding of the IEEE National Information Technology Conference (IEEE NITC 2019), year 2019, Colombo, Sri Lanka, October 8-10, 2019,
- PKS Kumari, Prasanna S. Haddela Use of LIME for Human Interpretability in Sinhala Document Classification in IEEE International Research Conference on Smart computing & Systems Engineering (IEEE SCSE2019), year 2019, Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, March 28, 2019,
- S.V.S. Gunasekara, Prasanna S. Haddela Context aware Stop-words for Sinhala Text Classification in proceeding of the IEEE National Information Technology Conference (IEEE NITC 2018), year 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka, October 2-4, 2018,
- S. Loganathan, G. Kariyawasam, Prasanna S. Haddela Suspicious Activity Detection in Surveillance Footage in Proceeding of the 2019 International Conference on Electrical and Computing Technologies and Applications (ICECTA), year 2019, Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates, 19-21 November, 2019,
- S. Y. Senanayake, K. T. P. M. Kariyawasam and Prasanna S. Haddela Enhanced Tokenizer for Sinhala Language in The National Information Technology Conference (IEEE NITC 2019), year 2019,
- O. Senaweera, Prasanna S. Haddela, G. Dharmarathne " Effects of Random Sampling Methods on Maximum Likelihood Estimates of a Simple Logistic Regression Model " 2021,