Dr. Janaka Perera
Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade)
Faculty of Engineering | Civil Engineering
2014/12 to date Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade), Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Sri Lanka
2016/02 to date University Associate, Curtin University, Australia
2014/03 to 2014/11 Senior Engineer, Sanken Construction (Pvt) Ltd., Sri Lanka
2011/10 to 2013/10 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Saitama University, Japan
2008/10 to 2011/09 Research Assistant, Structural Material Laboratory, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Saitama University, Japan
2007/01 to 2008/09 Resident Engineer, Sheraton Hotel, Colombo-03, Sri Lanka
2004/11 to 2006/12 Research Assistant, the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
1. Ph.D. Saitama University, Japan, 2011.
2. M.Phil. University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 2008.
3. B.Sc. (Engineering) (Hons), University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 2004.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
2013 Awarded (Late Eng. Nimal Chandrasena Award) for the best paper presentation in Young Members Annual Session of Institute of Engineers Sri Lanka (IESL).
2011/10 to 2013/10 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship awarded by Saitama University, Japan.
2010 National Science Foundation Sri Lanka merit award for scientific research, (jointly with Dr. (Mrs.) Premini Hettiarachchi; Project - Shear Capacity of Composite Deck Slabs with Embedded Concrete Filled Steel Tubes)
2010 Awarded for the best paper presentation in the 12th International Summer Symposium of Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE), Japan.
2008/10 to 2011/09 Japanese Government Scholarship (MONBUKAGAKUSHO) awarded to pursue Ph.D. at the Saitama University, Japan.
2004/11 to 2006/10 National Science Foundation Sri Lanka Scholarship awarded to pursue M.Phil. at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
2000/12 to 2004/10 Mahapola Higher Education [Merit] scholarship during B.Sc. program at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
Research Interests and Memberships
· Concrete technology
· Prestressed concrete
· Fiber-reinforced polymers and fiber-reinforced concrete
· Composite construction
· Sustainable construction materials
· Seismic behavior of RC members (splices)
· Tsunami damage and related research
1. Member, Japan Concrete Institute (JCI), Japan
2. Member, Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE), Japan
3. Member, American Concrete Institute (ACI), USA
5. Associate Member, Institute of Engineers Sri Lanka (IESL)
6. Associate Member, Society of Structural Engineers (SSE), Sri Lanka
Sustainable construction materials
Economical ready-mixed concrete production
- Perera, S.V.T.J. and Mutsuyoshi, H. " Shear Behavior of Reinforced High-Strength Concrete Beams " ACI Structural Journal, vol.110, Issue S05, 2013, pp.43-52,
- Perera, S.V.T.J. and Mutsuyoshi, H. " Authors' Closure for the Discussion Paper by Shiming Chen and Jiayang Li " ACI Structural Journal, vol.110, Issue No.S06, 2013, pp.1112-1114,
- Mutsuyoshi, H., Ichinomiya, T., Sakurada, M. and Perera, S.V.T.J. " High-Strength Concrete for Prestressed Concrete Structures " Concrete Plant International (CPI) Industrial journal, 2010, pp.42-46,
- Perera, S.V.T.J. " Innovative Floor Truss Top Chord for Achieving Long Spans " ENGINEER journal, vol.XXXX, Issue 04, 2007, pp.52-60,