Dr. Malika Perera
Faculty of Engineering | Mechanical Engineering
- 2015 June - to date : Senior Lecturer (Higher grade), Dept of Mechanical Engineering, SLIIT, Malabe, Sri Lanka
- 2015 June - to date : Manager, CAE Unit, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, SLIIT, Sri Lanka
- 2011 Oct - 2015 June : Technical Specialist in Multibody Dynamics Systems, Bentley Motors Ltd, UK.
- 2010 Oct - 2011 Oct : CAE Analyst in Multibody Systems, Jaguar and Land Rover (JLR), UK.
- 2008 Sept - 2010 Oct : Postdoctoral Research Associate, Loughborough University, Loughborough.
- 2007 March - 2008 Sept : Simulation Programmer, Romax Technology Ltd, Nottingham
- 2003 Oct - 2007 March : PhD Research Engineer, Dynamics Research Group (DRG), Loughborough University.
- 2001 Oct - 2003 Oct : Lecturer, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
- Ph.D. in Multi - Physics for integrated analysis of flexible body dynamics with tribological conjunction in IC engines from Loughborough University, UK, 2006
- B.Sc. Engineering (Hons.) in Mechanical Engineering - University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 2001.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- First Class Honors - B.Sc. Engineering (Hons.) in Mechanical Engineering - University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 2001.
Certificate of Recognition presented by SLIIT Campus on SLIIT awards night 2019, for receiving a major research grant from Bentley Motor Ltd, UK.
Research Interests and Memberships
- Efficiency and Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) in automotive powertrains and suspensions systems.
- Structural and Dynamic analysis of general machine elements (Virtual prototype development)
- Rubber elastomer development and testing.
- Multi - physics numerical modelling
- System dynamics
- Machine Design
- B.G.C. Prabuddha, M.S.M. Perera Development of a Structure for Damping Characterization Machine by Topology Optimization in National Conference of Technology and Management (NCTM), year 2017, SLIIT, Sri Lanka ,
- M.K.S. Liyanarachchi, M.S.M. Perera Development of a Multiphysics Mathematical Model for Air Damper system for a Modern Luxury Vehicle in National Conference of Technology and Management (NCTM), year 2017, Sri Lanka,
- L.B.D. Perera, M.D.T.G. Wijewardena, D.K.L. Karunarathna, M.S.M. Perera Design and Development of a Damping Characterization Machine for High Damping Rubber Elastomers in National Conference of Technology and Management (NCTM), year 2017, Sri Lanka,
- Perera, M.S.M. Root cause investigation of vehicle chassis and powertrain NVH problems using Elasto-Multibody Dynamic Methods in International Conference Automotive NVH 2014, International Quality & Productivity Centre (IQPC), year 2014, UK, July,
- Bernhard, G., Thomas, R., Stephan, B., Christian, M., Perera, M.S.M. Driveline NVH Refinement by Combining Operational Mode Shape Analysis and Multi Body Dynamic Simulation in Aachen Acoustics Colloquium, year 2012, Germany,
- M.S.M. Perera, S. Theodossiades, H. Rahnejat and P. Kelly Drive rattle elastodynamic response of manual automotive transmissions in SAE 2011 Noise and Vibration Conference and Exhibition, year 2011, USA, September,
- Perera M.S.M., De la Cruz M., Theodossiades S., Rahnejat H. Elastodynamic Response of Automotive Transmission due to Impact induced vibrations in 1st Joint International Conference on Multibody System Dynamics, year 2010, Finland, May 25-27,
- Perera, M.S.M, Theodossiades, S. and Rahnejat, H., Effect of offsetting crankshaft on engine efficiency in 12th EAEC European Automotive Congress, year 2009, Bratislava, August,
- Perera, M.S.M., Theodossiades, S., Rahnejat, H. Determination of Engine roughness using multi-physics approach in ASME 2005 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information, year 2005, USA, ASME, Sept 23-27,
- Perera K.K.C.K., Perera M.S.M. Solar Thermal Collector, in ERU symposium for industry, Technical Paper Series, year 2002, University of Moratuwa, Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, Aug 20, 2002,
- Mohamed Rikaz, Asith Abeysinghe, M.S.M Perera Review on vibration quality improvement of a passenger seat year 2019,
- Ioannis Karagiannis, B. G. Chanaka Prabuddha, M.S.M. Perera, Benjamin Moritz, Michele Vianello, Low-Speed Brake Induced Shudder: An investigation of the suspension sensitivity in International Forum Automotive Acoustics & Vibration-NVH, year 2016, UK,
- W.A.D.N. Gunathilake, M.S.M Perera, M. A Wijayawardhana Adaptability of Thermo-electric Generators in Automobile Regenerative Braking: FEM Model Based Evaluation in Annual Research Symposium, University of Ruhuna, year 2019, Galle, Sri Lanka,
- W.U Maddumage, K.Y. Abeyasinghe, M. S. M Perera, R. Attalage Design Approaches For Automotive Hybrid-electric Powertrains: A Review in IESL 113th Annual Sessions Transactions of Technical Papers, year 2019, Sri Lanka,
- W.A.D.N. Gunathilake, M.S.M Perera, A. Wijewardane, Ruvimal Warnakula Mathematical Modelling and Analysis of Wear Characteristics of Vehicle Brakes with TEGs year 2019,
- B. G. C. Prabuddha, Sampath Liyanarachchi, W.U Maddumage, M. S. M Perera, Root Cause Analysis for Crack Propagation of Rods in Hydraulic Press in IESL 113th Annual Sessions Transactions of Technical Papers, part B, IESL, year 2019, Sri Lanka,
- Nipuna Fernando, Sampath Liyanarachchi, M. S. M Perera Vibration Attenuation of an Industrial Chiller Compressor in IESL 113th Annual Sessions Transactions of Technical Papers, part B, IESL, year 2019,
- H.M.D.L Dabare, M.S.M Perera, W.U Maddumage, M.K.S Liyanarachchi Conversion of the Conventional Bajaj RE 4S 205cc Vehicle Gearbox into an Automatic Gearbox in IESL 113th Annual Sessions Transactions of Technical Papers, part B, IESL, year 2019,
- M.S.M. Perera, S. Theodossiades and H. Rahnejat. " Elasto-multi-body Dynamics of Internal Combustion Engines with Tribological Conjunctions " Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part K: Journal of Multibody Dynamics, vol.224, Issue 3, 2010, pp.261-277,
- Perera, M.S.M., Theodossiades, S. and Rahnejat, H. " A multi-physics multi-scale approach in engine design analysis " Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part K: Journal of Multi-body Dynamics, vol.221, Issue 3, 2007, pp.335-348,
- W.U Maddumage, K.Y. Abeyasinghe, M.S.M Perera, P. Kelly " Comparing Fuel Consumption and Emission Levels of Hybrid Powertrain Configurations and a Conventional Powertrain in Varied Drive Cycles and Degree of Hybridization " Science & Technique, Issue 19, 2020, pp.20-33, 10.21122/2227-1031-2020-19-1-20-33,
- Maddumage, W.; Perera, M.; Attalage, R.; Kelly,P. " Power Management Strategy of a Parallel Hybrid Three-Wheeler for Fuel and Emission Reduction " Energies, vol.14, 2021, pp.1833, 10.3390/en14071833,
- M.S.M. Perera, S. Theodossiades and H. Rahnejat. " Tribo-elasto-multi-body Dynamics of a Single Cylinder Engine Under Fired Condition (Chapter 31) " Tribology and Dynamics of Engine and Powertrain: Fundamentals, Applications and Future Trends, Cambridge, 2010, Woodhead Publishing Ltd,