Ms. Vajira Edirisinghe
Faculty of Engineering | Quantity Surveying
- 05/2016 to date –Lecturer in Quantity Surveying, Faculty of Engineering, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 04/2014 – 04/2016 – Lecturer in Civil Engineering and Quantity Surveying , ICBT campus
- 10/2013 – 04/2014 – Additional Director Engineering in Urban settlement Development Authority
- 12/2012 – 10/2013 – Engineer ( Contract & Planning Division) in State Engineering Co-operation
- 07/2010- 08/2012 Contract Administration Officer and tender secretory
- 12/2008- 06/2010 Project Officer involving in Contractor evaluating, contract management , human resources management
- 08/2006-11/2008- Administrative Officer involving in administrative, Logistics, Employee training and welfare.
- 05/2005-06/2006 – Officer Commanding engineering material Procurement.
- 10/2004-05/2005 – Account Officer involving in budgeting and accounting water, electricity and engineering procurement related expenses.
- 02/2002 – 10/2004 – Garrison Engineer - Security Force Head Quarters Minneriya
- 03/2000 – 02/2002 – Garrison Engineer - Security Force Head Quarters Anuradhapura
- BSc Eng. (Defence) in Civil Engineering, Kotelawala Defence University ,2000
- MSc in Civil and Structural Engineering ,KDU 2018
- Diploma in Commercial Arbitration in Institute for the Development of Commercial Law and Practice, Sri Lanka , 1999
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Research Interests and Memberships
- Construction Management
- Construction Dispute Resolution
- Carbon footprint
- Corporate Member in Institute of Supply and Material Management Sri Lanka
- Member of Institute of Management Sri Lanka
- Member of Sri Lanka Association of Advancement of Science
- Carbon footprint in ready mixed concrete
- Effective management of Construction Dispute Resolution
- Vajira Edirisinghe Study on Limitations in Material Procurement Practice for Construction in Public Sector in 4th World Construction Symposium, year 2015, Galadari Hotel, CIOB, 12th June,
- Vajira Edirisinghe Review on quantifying the carbon footprint in construction project, supply chain management in 73rd Annual conference of Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science , year 2017, Open University Sri Lanka, SLAAS,