Ms. Kavindi Liyanage
Faculty of Humanities & Sciences | Mathematics Unit
- 2018 - now : Assistant Lecturer–Department of Mathematics, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology
- 2017-2018 : Temporary Demonstrator, Department of Statistics, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Jan 2016 : May 2016: Statistical Analyst Intern-Ceylon Petroleum Corporation
- M.Sc in Financial Mathematics - University of Colombo (Reading)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Statistics (Special) -2nd upper division Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Research Interests and Memberships
- Spatial Statistics, Data mining, Actuarial Statistics, Logistic Regression, Financial Data Modeling.
- Institute of Applied Statistics
- Developing a model to predict the stock price movement in CSE by using Decision Tree Algorithm.
- Tharaka, J.A.D., Liyanage, K.I., and Aluthge, L.N Impact of external academic/ professional courses on the academic performance of undergraduates in Proceedings of 2nd World Conference on Education, year 2018, Colombo, pp.28, Nov. 28-29, 2018,