Mr. Kushan Anthony
Faculty of Humanities & Sciences | School of Nursing
Consulting/Visiting Physiotherapist at Nawaloka Medical center Battaramulla since 29th september 2020.
Consulting/Visiting Physiotherapist at Nawaloka Hospitals Colombo 02 since 24th June 2019.
Consulting/Visiting Physiotherapist at Asia Hospital Maharagama since May 2020.
Physiotherapist in “oDoc” healthcare platform/App Sri Lanka for Physiotherapy video consultations since 10th April 2018.
Lecturer – Allied Health Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo from 23rd July 2019 – 24th October 2019.
Lecturer – Dept. Of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Allied Health Science, General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University, Colombo from 24th July 2018 – 10th July 2019 (Left KDU to join Colombo University).
Chief Physiotherapist “Vibrant Physio Care” Government Recognized Physiotherapy Centre (Registration no – PHSRC/OMI/292) Under Vibrant Detectives Private Limited from 16th March 2018 – 25th July 2019.
Resident Intern - Physiotherapist - Apollo Hospitals , from 12th January to 12th June 2015 and Community posting from 13th June to 13th July 2015.
- Master of Physiotherapy (Community Physiotherapy) – Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy [4 and half year degree] 2010-15 – Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka - First class.
Member of Federation of Indian Manual Therapist [FIMT] by successful completion of Certificate of Manual Therapy in a workshop titled “Manual Therapy in Clinical Reasoning Perspective” by K.Pearlson - M.P.T. (AUS) Founder FIMT.
Successfully completed Certificate in Basic Dry Needling [CBDN] from International Physical Therapy Institute, Karnataka, India.
Certified in Basic and Advanced Level Dry Needling (CBDN/DN-1) & (CADN/DN-2) under Dr.Vinod Babu.K, MPT(MSS),MD(AM) Physiotherapist and Acupuncturist,Bangalore, India.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Research Interests and Memberships
- Registered member of Professions supplementary to medicine as a Physiotherapist in Sri Lanka Medical Council [Reg No- 721].
- Member of Sri Lankan Society of Physiotherapy [Reg No- 542].
- Member of Federation of Indian Manual Therapist [FIMT]