Ms. Lahiruni Ekanayake
Faculty of Humanities & Sciences | School of Law
- Currently working as a Research Assistant at SLIIT Law School , Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Former legal intern at Transparency International Sri Lanka and Continental Law Associates
- Graduated from the Faculty of Law , University of Colombo.
- Completed Attorneys-at-Law Final Examination at Sri Lanka Law College
- Completed a Diploma in Diplomacy and World Affairs offered by the Bandaranaike International Diplomatic Training Institute ( BIDTI) , Sri Lanka
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- A member of the Team that represented the Faculty of Law at H V Perera QC Memorial Moot Court Competition organized by Sri Lanka Law College. The moot was themed on the suitability of commercial arbitration as an Alternative method of Dispute Resolution within the contemporary social set up.(2018)
- Moderated the panel on “Public Interest Litigation as a pill for advocating environment protectionism “in the National Law Students Conference organized by Sri Lanka Law College.(2018)
- Took part in the 2nd Prof. N. R. Madhava Menon SAARC Mooting Competition and Law Student Conference, organized by Lloyd Law College, India (2016-2017).
- A member of the Team that represented the Faculty of Law at Hulftsdorp International Debates organized by Sri Lanka Law College.(2017)
- A member of the Team that represented Sri Lanka at the Debating Tournament conducted by the Literary and Debating Society of the National Law School of India University , Bangalore .(2016)
- Addressed the National Committee on Women at the International Women’s Day Celebrations organized by the Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.(2016)
Research Interests and Memberships
Human Rights , Public International Law , Environmental Law
Currently working at an AHEAD Project ( Accelerating Higher Education And Development) funded by the World Bank , in collaboration with the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology ( SLIIT) , which is on devising a national strategy for combatting online harassment in Sri Lanka. The project aims at proposing a comprehensive legal framework to address the issue at hand , while carrying out research at grass root level to investigate on experiences of online harassment.
- Lahiruni Ekanayake " Right to Development and its underlying uncertainties " Asian Student Journal of Contemporary Law, 2018,