Ms. Malika Lakmali
Faculty of Humanities & Sciences | Mathematics Unit
Ms. Malika Lakmali Guruge is currently working as an Assistant Lecturer of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology since September 2017. She attaches to the Mathematics Unit of Faculty of Humanities and Sciences in SLIIT. Before joining to the SLIIT, she served as an Instructor for six months in Department of Statistics, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo in 2017. She is a committed, highly passionate and motivated lecturer with nearly 4 years of experience in academic field possessing good administrative and effective teaching methods that promote a stimulating learning environment.
She had her industrial training in Central Bank of Sri Lanka in 2015. In there, she got the opportunity to have an excellent experience in industry while actively contributing for numerous surveys conducted by Department of Statistics, CBSL.
- Reading M. Sc. in Operational Research at University of Moratuwa.
- B. Sc. (Special Degree) in Statistics - First Class, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Research Interests and Memberships
- Time Series Analysis
- Regression Analysis
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Currently work in one of the AHEAD research projects, “Integrated Traffic Management System for Safe and Sustainable Mobility”. Responsible for developing safety performance function for urban intersections.
- Kushan Tharuka Lulbadda, Dhanushka Kobbekaduwa, Malika Lakmali Guruge, " The impact of temperature, population size and median age on COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) outbreak " International journal of Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health, In press (2020), 2020, 10.1016/j.cegh.2020.09.004,