Ms. Randhula Gunawardena
Faculty of Humanities & Sciences | English Language Teaching Unit
- Randhula Gunawardhana is a Permanent Instructor in English attached to the Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology having 14 years of teaching experience in tertiary education.
- She is the Coordinator in English for the Faculty of Engineering
- The Coordinator of the PELA Program offered by the Curtin University, Melbourne for the Engineering students following the Curtin Degree.
- Before joining SLIIT, she taught EAP and ESP at the ELTU, Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya.
- Masters in Linguistics in Progress, University of Kelaniya
- Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching English as a Second Language, Postgraduate Institute of English, Open University of Sri Lanka (2017)
- Postgraduate Diploma in English, Postgraduate Institute of Arts, University of Peradeniya (2009)
- Bachelor of Arts (2005)
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Competent Communicator, Toastmasters International (2014)
Research Interests and Memberships
- L2 Motivation
- Teaching English as a second language
- Sri Lanka English Language Teachers’ Association (SLELTA)
- Associate Member of Curtin University
- Organizing Committee, 5th National Conference on Technology and Management 2016, Faculty of Engineering, SLIIT
- Classroom research on the impact of the L2 Motivational System on the Learners of English among engineering undergraduates