Ms. Namalie Walgampaya
Student Advisor, Time Table Coordinator / Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Computing | Information Technology
Namalie Walgampaya is an Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering graduate from University of Moratuwa and holds a masters degree in Computer Science from University of Colombo. After graduation, she joined Millennium Information Technologies as a software engineer and held several senior positions including senior software engineer and tech specialist. In 2009 she joined Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology as a lecturer and currently works as a senior lecturer attached to faculty of computing.
2014 to date – Senior Lecturer, Department of Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
2009 to 2014 –Lecturer, Department of Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
1998 to 2009 – Tech Specialist, Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineer at Millennium Information Technologies
- PhD Candidate - University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Msc in Computer Science University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2004
- Bsc. Eng(Hons) degree in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 1998
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Research Interests and Memberships
- Image processing and computer vision applications
- Deep Learning
- Member – Computer Society of Sri Lanka (CSSL)
- M.U.E. Wijesuriya, S.U. Mendis, B.E.S. Bandara, K.P. Mahawattage, N. Walgampaya and D. De Silva Interactive Mobile Based Tour Guide in SAITM Research Symposium on Engineering Advancements(RSEA),, year 2013, pp.pp. 53-56, April 27, 2013,
- H. Peiris, C. Kulasekara, H. Wijesinghe, B. Kothalawala, N. Walgampaya and D. Kasthurirathna EyeVista: An assistive wearable device for visually impaired sprint athletes in IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS), year 2016, Sri Lanka, pp.pp. 1-6, IEEE, H. Peiris, C. Kulasekara, H. Wijesinghe, B. Kothalawala, N. Walgampaya and D. Kasthurirathna,