- முக்கிய பக்கம்
- எங்களை பற்றி
- எதிர்கால மாணவர்கள்
- மாணவர் வாழ்க்கை
- தொழில்முறை நிகழ்ச்சிகள்
We offer a wide selection of PhD courses under Computing and Engineering fields. These programmes involve an applicant being assigned to a supervisor for guidance in conducting the research. The applicant and supervisor/s work together to achieve the objectives of the research programme. If the applicant has no previous experience in conducting research, SLIIT will guide them through the proceedings with the existing panel of resource personnel. SLIIT will provide a foreign supervisor from its Honorary Professors Network to nurture and sustain internationally acclaimed research at SLIIT.
Important Dates to Remember
- PhD in Information Technology
- PhD in Computer Networks
- PhD in Cyber Security
- PhD in Software Engineering
- PhD in Civil Engineering
- PhD in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- PhD in Materials Engineering
Selection to the programme is based on
- Academic performance
- The strength of the research proposal
- Research capabilities demonstrated
- The strength of recommendations
- The relevance of background and experience to proposed research work
The shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by SLIIT. At the interview, the overall suitability of the applicant to follow PhD programme is assessed.
Applicants seeking admission to the Degree programme under I.III, shall be admitted to the degree program on the approval of the Senate based on the recommendation of the Faculty.
Applicants are advised to find suitable supervisor and co-supervisors before submitting the application. The supervisor of a PhD student should be a faculty member of SLIIT. On request, SLIIT may be able provide some assistance to find supervisors.
Supervisors of PhD programs should be:
- Knowledgeable in the subject area to be covered in the research programme,
- Holding an Doctoral Degree or higher qualification, or a person of eminent research standing acceptable to SLIIT.
Duration : 5 Years Part time / 3 Year Full time
The minimum duration of the programme leading to the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) shall be: